Sesame Tofu Asparagus Stir Fry
Sesame Tofu Asparagus Stir Fry is a healthy and wholesome dish that is great to serve over brown rice or noodles. Hoisin based stir fry sauce adds flavor.
- 14 oz Extra firm Tofu, drained and cut into 1" cubes
- 8 asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- 12 baby Bella or Shiitake Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 4 tsp peanut oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 green Onions, thinly sluced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Chili-garlic sauce
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- Combine sesame seeds and ¼tsp of salt in a large bowl. Add the tofu pieces and toss gently to coat.
- Combine 2tsp peanut and sesame oil in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and stir-fry till golden, about 5~6 minutes. Remove tofu from the pan; keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 2tsp peanut oil, add mushrooms and cook for 3~4 minutes or until the mushrooms start to brown. Add asparagus and coo for 4~5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the sliced green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch and chili garlic sauce.
- Add this sauce to the veggies in the pan and cook for 1~2 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Stir in the tofu and season with salt. Toss gently to combine. Serve hot over brown rice.