Sesame Tofu Asparagus Stir Fry
Sesame Tofu Asparagus Stir Fry is a healthy and wholesome dish that is great to serve over brown rice or noodles. Hoisin based stir fry sauce adds flavor.
- 14 oz Extra firm Tofu, drained and cut into 1" cubes
- 8 asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- 12 baby Bella or Shiitake Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 4 tsp peanut oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 green Onions, thinly sluced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Chili-garlic sauce
- to taste Salt & Pepper
- Combine sesame seeds and ¼tsp of salt in a large bowl. Add the tofu pieces and toss gently to coat.
- Combine 2tsp peanut and sesame oil in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and stir-fry till golden, about 5~6 minutes. Remove tofu from the pan; keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 2tsp peanut oil, add mushrooms and cook for 3~4 minutes or until the mushrooms start to brown. Add asparagus and coo for 4~5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the sliced green onions.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch and chili garlic sauce.
- Add this sauce to the veggies in the pan and cook for 1~2 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Stir in the tofu and season with salt. Toss gently to combine. Serve hot over brown rice.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout