Shredded Kale Sprout and Baby Beet Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese
From a Chef's Kitchen
Shredded kale sprouts, red onion, pickled baby beets, walnuts and goat cheese with a balsamic vinaigrette. Flavors that all rock together!
- 2 (6-ounce) bags kale sprouts, stem end trimmed if necessary
- 0.5 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pickled baby beets, drained, halved and sliced
- 0.5 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese (about 1 cup) (divided)
- 0.33333333333333 cup light olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Shred kale sprouts in a food processor using the shredding blade or chop manually. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add red onion, baby beets, walnuts and about 3 ounces of the goat cheese. Toss to combine.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over salad, mix well. Transfer to serving bowl and top with remaining goat cheese. Serve immediately.