Shrimp in Avocado Butter
From a Chef's Kitchen
Limey, buttery and easy, Shrimp in Avocado Butter makes a luxurious appetizer, tapas or delicious, indulgent dinner!
- 1 large avocado (pitted)
- ½ stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1-2 large limes, to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Hot sauce (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pound jumbo (12-20 ct) shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Combine avocado, butter, cilantro, garlic and lime juice in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt to taste and add lime juice as needed. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet. Season shrimp with salt and black pepper.
- Place shrimp in the skillet and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until translucent and firm.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt over the shrimp. Serve immediately with lime wedges.