Shrimp in Avocado Butter
From a Chef's Kitchen
Limey, buttery and easy, Shrimp in Avocado Butter makes a luxurious appetizer, tapas or delicious, indulgent dinner!
- 1 large avocado
- 0.5 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound jumbo (12-20 ct) shrimp
- Combine avocado, butter, cilantro, garlic and lime juice in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt to taste and add lime juice as needed. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet. Season shrimp with salt and black pepper.
- Place shrimp in the skillet and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until translucent and firm.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt over the shrimp. Serve immediately with lime wedges.