Spicy Indonesian Vegan Carrot Almond Soup
From a Chef's Kitchen
Spicy Indonesian Vegan Carrot Almond Soup is healthful, exotic and easy to make. #AD #StartAHealthyRelationship #CollectiveBias #AD
- 2 tablespoons canola or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth
- 0.5 cup Creamy MaraNatha Almond Butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Chili garlic sauce
- sliced almonds, garnish
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery, reduce heat to medium and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften, stirring often.
- Add carrots, ginger and garlic. Continue cooking another 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often or until ginger and garlic are fragrant.
- Add 5 cups vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until carrots are very soft, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add almond butter, soy sauce or tamari, lime juice, chili garlic sauce and salt to taste.
- Puree until smooth with an immersion blender. Alternately, puree in batches in a food processor or blender (be careful with hot liquids) until smooth. If too thick, add remaining vegetable broth.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.