Sweet Potato Black Bean Chipotle Taquitos
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chipotle Taquitos are a 40 minute meal! Perfectly crisp gluten free tortillas are stuffed with a hearty and creamy vegan filling.
- 12 Gluten Free Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 sweet Potato (diced)
- 2 cups kale (finely chopped )
- 1 can black beans ((15) oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight and drained, if you have a high speed blender, you can skip the soaking)
- 1 cup water
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (adjusted for your personal spice preference)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prep a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the kale, black beans, chili powder, and cumin and cook until warmed through.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, add all the chipotle cream sauce ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Add 1 1/2 cups of the sauce to the skillet with the sweet potatoes and stir to combine.
- Take one tortilla and fill with a small line of the filling. Roll the tortilla up to form a long cylinder, like a commercial taquito. Place on the baking tray. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling. Line the taquitos up snug and touching one another. Spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking oil spray and bake them until crispy and golden, about 10-15 minutes. Serve with extra chipotle cream sauce for dipping.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds