Vegan Bánh mì Sandwich
Vegan Banh Mi Sandwich made with spicy baked tofu and quick pickled shredded veggies.
- 1 baguette (Small French (split in half lengthwise))
- 4 oz Tofu (. Baked (I used Trader Joe's Sriracha baked tofu), thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tsps sriracha sauce ((or other hot sauce))
- ¼ tsp Tamari soy sauce (or Low-sodium)
- 1 cucumber (Small , thinly sliced)
- 3 tbsps cilantro
- 6 ~ 8 Cherry Tomatoes (, thinly sliced)
- 4 ~ 6 Lettuce leaves (, torn)
- to taste Salt Pepper (&)
- ¼ cup carrot (, shredded)
- ¼ cup daikon Radish (, shredded)
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar Apple cider vinegar (or)
- 2 tsps Agave honey sugar (nectar, or)
- ½ ~ 1 tsp Red Pepper (flakes)
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, agave, red pepper flakes and mix well. Add the shredded veggies and mix well. Let stand for 15~30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the baguette on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until the bread is crisp. Cool for 2~3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo and 1tsp sriracha sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Spread spicy mayo on both sides of the bread. Fill with sliced tofu, cucumber and cilantro.
- Drain the pickled veggies and spread on the sandwich. Top with tomatoes and lettuce and season with salt and pepper.
- Press top of baguette on sandwich, and slice the sandwich in half. Serve right away.