Vegan Pizza Burgers with Mozzarella Cheese Sauce
These Vegan Pizza burgers taste just like pizza in burger form! This surprisingly easy burger gets smothered in an oooey gooey dairy free cheese sauce.
- for the burgers:
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (drained if packed in oil)
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans (drained)
- ½ onion (roughly chopped)
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal (mixed with same volume of water )
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup quick oats (gluten free if needed)
- ’Mozzarella cheese sauce’
- ½ cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons chickpea miso
- ½ teaspoon salt
- for SERVING
- 1 lettuce (4 pieces)
- 4 burger buns (gluten free if needed and toasted with vegan butter)
- ½ red onion (4 slices )
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all of the burger ingredients into a food processor except for the oats. Process until the mixture is broken down into small pieces and begins to stick together. Stir in the oats.
- Form the mixture into 4 burger patties. Place on the baking tray and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the burgers are cooking, drain and rinse the cashews. Add all of the cheese ingredients and 1 cup of water into a high speed blender. Blend until silky smooth.
- Transfer the cheese to a saucepan and heat over medium-high, stirring constantly. Once the mixture simmers, remove it from the heat.
- Once the burgers are cooked, assemble and serve.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds