Vegetables in Thai Red Curry with Sweet Potato Noodles
From a Chef's Kitchen
Vegetables in Thai Red Curry with Sweet Potato Noodles is spicy, healthful comfort food any time you need a shot of goodness!
- 2 tablespoons canola or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 handful green beans
- 1 small eggplant
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato,
- 1 can (15-ounce) coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, reduce heat to medium and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until it begins to soften, adjusting heat as necessary so the onion doesn't brown.
- Add the red bell pepper and green beans. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until green beans deepen in color.
- Add the eggplant and garlic; cook 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, vegetable broth and red curry paste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until eggplant and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add lime juice and fish sauce, soy sauce or coconut aminos. Stir in basil. Serve in bowls. Garnish with additional fresh basil.