Ancient Grain Salad
The View From the Great Island
This pretty vegan Ancient Grain Salad is so versatile, it goes from holiday table to working lunch with ease, and it's as healthy as it is stunning.
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup cooked farro
- ¼ cup toasted chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup toasted chopped pecans
- ¼ cup pistachios (rough chopped)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dried Apricots (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup brown raisins
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds, plus extra for garnish
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, green and white parts
- ¼ large red onion (minced)
- several small inner stalks of celery, finely diced, with the green leafy parts
- extra pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup olive oil ((divided))
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sweet mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and add enough to the salad to moisten everything. Reserve any unused dressing for adding right before serving if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. The salad can be made up to a day ahead. Sprinkle with more pomegranate seeds just before serving.