Baked Fish with Cherry Tomato Olive Sauce + Lemon Chive Asiago Orzo
From a Chef's Kitchen
Baked Fish with Cherry Tomato-Olive Sauce and Lemon Chive Asiago Orzo makes a light, healthful, easy springtime dinner for two!
- fish AND SAUCE
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cuptomato paste
- 0.5 cup (3 ounces) pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large sprig fresh basil, leaves thinly sliced
- lemon wedges
- 1 cup orzo
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 0.5 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh chives
- FISH AND SAUCE: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place tomatoes on a nonstick baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl along with all the juices.
- Place the fish on the baking sheet, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, add olives to tomatoes along with garlic, wine and red pepper flakes. Just before serving, add the fresh basil. Serve with orzo and lemon wedges.
- ORZO: Bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook to the al dente stage.
- Drain in a sieve or colander then return to the saucepan. Add the butter, garlic, lemon zest and juice and cheese. Stir until butter is melted them add chives. Serve immediately.