Baked Truffle Fries
The View From the Great Island
Baked Truffle Fries are a healthier, lower fat version of my current restaurant appetizer obsession ~ truffle oil and truffle salt give it an over the top decadent truffle flavor.
- 2 medium-large russet potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 3 tsp olive oil ((divided))
- 2 tsp truffle oil
- 1 tsp truffle salt
- grated Parmesan cheese
- more truffle salt if needed
- fresh cracked black pepper
- finely chopped parsley or thyme
- truffle mayo dip
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 6 tsp truffle oil
- 1 tsp truffle salt (add this to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch matchsticks, or thin wedges and put them in a large bowl. Toss with the oils and salt, using your fingers to make sure all surfaces of the potatoes are lightly coated with oil.
- Spread the potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet. You can use a silicone mat if you like, I usually don't.
- Cook the fries in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Turn the fries after 15 minutes of cooking. The total cooking time will depend on the size of your fries.
- Meanwhile mix together the truffle mayo ingredients and taste to adjust any of the components.
- Serve the fries piping hot garnished with the cheese, salt and pepper, and herbs.