Brussel Sprouts Fried Rice
Brussels Sprouts Fried Rice is a colorful and absolutely delicious dish. It is very flavorful with the addition of sauteed herbs.
- 4 cups brown rice (Cooked and Cooled )
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts ( trimmed and quartered )
- 1 large carrot (peeled and cut into half moons)
- 1 cup frozen edamame (thawed)
- 3 tbsp Cashews or Pine nuts
- 1 cup green onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ginger (finely grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely grated)
- ¼ cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup basil (chopped)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp agave nectar
- to taste Salt
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the Brussels Sprouts and carrots and cook till the veggies are crisp tender and getting lightly browned around the edges.
- Add the cashews (or pine nuts) and cook for 2 more minutes or until the nuts are toasted. Transfer the veggies and nuts to a large plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1tbsp coconut oil in the same pan. Add ginger, garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Next stir in the green onions and the chopped herbs. Cook for about 1~2 minutes.
- Add the thawed edamame and cook till heated through, about 2~3 minutes.
- Next add the rice, red pepper flakes and cook for 3~4 minutes.
- Finally add the Brussels sprouts mixture, soy sauce, lime juice, agave nectar and salt. Toss until all the ingredients are well combined and cook for 2~3 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve immediately.