Citrus Caprese Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
The View From the Great Island
Citrus Caprese Salad with Honey Vinaigrette ~ my winter riff on the classic caprese salad, with bright juicy citrus fruit standing in for the tomatoes.
- assorted citrus fruits...allow one piece of fruit per person, at least
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 8-oz ball of fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- honey vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch salt
- Slice the citrus fruit thickly, about 1/2 inch. Remove the peel with a small serrated knife or kitchen shears. Remove any seeds.
- Layer the fruit on individual plates or in a serving bowl or platter, alternating with the sliced cheese and basil leaves.
- Sprinkle everything with some salt and pepper, then drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.
- To make the dressing just shake or whisk the ingredients together. Taste to adjust.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island