Easy Sugar Free Kung Pao Chicken
You Totally Got This
All the taste of the Chinese classic minus the sugar. With tender chicken, thick noodles and a flavour packed sauce, this Sugar Free Kung Pao Chicken is YUM!
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 long red chilli
- 200 g cooked supermarket roast chicken (shredded)
- 100 g green beans
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs rice malt syrup/honey
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbs corn flour
- 200 g udon noodles
- 2 tbs roasted peanuts
- Finely chop the garlic and chilli. Next, remove the meat from the chicken, cut the ends off your greens beans, chop the broccolini into 4cm pieces and deseed and slice the red capsicum. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and chilli and fry for 2 minutes. Add the beans, broccolini and capsicum and cook for a further 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender but still crisp. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the water and corn flour.
- Add the chicken, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and rice malt syrup/honey to the frying pan and stir until combined. Next, stir the water and corn flour mixture into the frying pan and bring to the boil, then reduce heat back to a simmer.
- Finally, stir in the noodles and cook for 2 minutes, until warmed through. While the noodles are cooking thinly slice the spring onions. When ready to serve, divide the noodles between two bowls and scatter with peanuts and spring onions.
View the recipe instructions at You Totally Got This