Grilled Plumcot Salad with Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette
The View From the Great Island
My grilled plumcot salad with toasted walnut vinaigrette is the ultimate summer salad.
- four handfuls of finely shredded kale
- 2 plumcots,
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts (plus a palmful for the dressing)
- approximately 1/3 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- vegetable oil for brushing onto the fruit
- toasted walnut vinaigrette
- 5 tbsp good olive oil (Extra Virgin)
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar (or other mild white vinegar)
- 1 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp toasted walnuts
- of salt
- Set oven to 350F
- First toast the walnuts. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until fragrant. Let them cool.
- Slice the plumcots in half with a sharp knife and remove the pit. Heat a grill pan on medium high heat until quite hot. Brush each half of the fruit lightly with oil and place face down on the grill. Don't move for about 2 minutes. You can press down slightly with a spatula if you like, to insure good contact with the grill. Remove the fruit to a plate.
- Put the kale at the bottom of a salad bowl Toss the kale with a little bit of the dressing, making sure all the surfaces get coated.
- Sprinkle the kale with about 1/3 cup of the toasted walnuts, and the goat cheese.
- Arrange the stone fruit on the salad and drizzle liberally with the dressing. Serve immediately.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients in a small food processor and process until blended and creamy. Taste to adjust any of the ingredients to your liking.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island