Israeli Chopped Salad
The View From the Great Island
Israeli Chopped Salad ~ this healthy chopped salad is perfect for summer gatherings because there's no mayo to spoil, and the veggies stay crunchy for days
- ½ red onion
- ½ red, green, orange, and yellow bell peppers
- 1 persian cucumber, no need to peel
- 1 pint small cherry tomatoes (halved)
- about 4 oz feta cheese
- about 4 - 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juiced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cut all the ingredients except the tomatoes in a small, even dice.
- Toss with the oil, lemon juice, and herbs. Add the salt and pepper according to taste.
- Taste to adjust the seasonings, and then refrigerate until needed.
- Garnish with a few fresh herbs like parsley, mint, or thyme just before serving.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island