Massaged Kale Antipasto Salad
From a Chef's Kitchen
Massaged Kale Antipasto Salad is easy, wholesome and you may already have everything on hand! If you've been wanting to try kale, this salad will get you hooked!
- 2 small bunches red kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 0.25 cup olive oil ((divided))
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar (12-ounce) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 0.33333333333333 cup red onion
- 1 package (3-ounce) salami (Milano or Genoa), thinly sliced into strips
- 0.25 cup chopped pepperoncini
- 0.5 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- red wine vinegar (to taste)
- Pour olive oil over kale. Season with salt and black pepper. With both hands, massage the kale 1-2 minutes or until it softens and shrinks by about 1/3.
- Drain artichokes, reserving marinade. Coarsely chop artichokes. Stir minced garlic into reserved marinade. Set aside.
- Toss kale with artichoke hearts, red onion, salami, pepperoncini and Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with reserved marinade as needed (you don't want it soggy). Splash with a bit of red wine vinegar to taste. Add additional freshly ground black pepper to taste.