One-Pot Tomato and Mascarpone Pasta with Meatballs
This delicious One-Pot Tomato and Mascarpone Pasta with Meatballs recipe will be ready in just 30 minutes! Perfect for a mid-week treat.
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 300 g beef meatballs (I used reduced fat meatballs)
- 200 g cavolo nero (Stalks removed cut into inch size pieces )
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 400 ml tomato and basil passata
- 2 pinches sugar
- ½ tsp dried oregano (Or fresh if you prefer about 2 sprigs )
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 160 g pasta of your choice
- 1 handful fresh basil (to serve)
- parmesan (to serve, optional )
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the meatballs until they have some colour. Set aside.
- Add the garlic and fry for a minute in the meatball juices and then add the passata, sugar and oregano then give everything a good stir.
- Add the cavolo nero, stir in and put a lid on. Simmer on a low heat for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- While the meatballs are simmering prepare the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Check the meatballs and add the mascarpone. Stir in until everything is combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked add it to the mixture and stir in. Serve with fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!