Oven Fries with Spicy Pesto Aioli
From a Chef's Kitchen
Oven Fries with Spicy Pesto Aioli make the perfect summer side dish for burgers, steaks or anything else you're grilling!
- oven FRIES
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 6-8 wedges each
- 0.5 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 jalapeno peppers,
- 1.5 cups mayonnaise
- 0.75 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.5 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- OVEN FRIES: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss potatoes with olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and black pepper to taste. Spread the potatoes out onto 2 nonstick baking sheets (alternately, use nonstick aluminum foil), leaving some space between them. Arrange the potatoes so that one flat cut side of the potato is face down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, flipping the potatoes once, or until golden brown and tender.
- AIOLI: Meanwhile, combine aioli ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Serve with potatoes