Pasta Alla Checca
The View From the Great Island
Pasta alla checca is an easy, healthy, raw tomato sauce from Italy that's the perfct 30 minute meal for the warmer months.
- 3-4 cups chopped ripe tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 lb spaghetti
- fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- splash of balsamic or other vinegar
- grated Parmesan cheese
- basil leaves
- Add the garlic and 1/4 cup olive oil to the tomatoes and let sit, loosely covered, on the counter.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of well salted water just to the al dente stage, don't over cook. Drain and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Toss the pasta with the tomato mixture and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more olive oil if desired.
- Serve immediately, garnished with grated Parmesan and more basil leaves.