Pesto Pasta with Chicken and Tomatoes
Pesto is easy to make from scratch with just a handful of ingredients. Its fresh flavor is the highlight of this super-fast pasta dish, packed with cherry tomatoes and chicken.
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves Save $
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese Save $
- ¼ cup olive oil Save $
- 1 clove garlic Save $
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted Save $
- 12 oz uncooked penne pasta (3 1/2 cups) (from 16-oz package) Save $
- 3 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton) Save $
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken Save $
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes Save $
- ¼ cup julienned fresh basil leaves Save $
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese Save $
- 1 In blender or food processor, place Pesto ingredients.
- 2 Cover and process on medium speed about 3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides with rubber spatula, until smooth. Set aside.
- 3 In 4-quart saucepan, heat penne and broth just to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until al dente and liquid is almost absorbed. Remove from heat. Add pesto; stir in chicken and tomatoes; cook over medium 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 4 Garnish with basil and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
View the recipe instructions at BettyCrocker.com