Potato Green Bean Salad with Olives and Feta Cheese
From a Chef's Kitchen
Potato Green Bean Salad with Olives and Feta Cheese is a lovely Greek-inspired twist on traditional potato salad!
- 0.5 small red onion, thinly sliced vertically
- 8 ounces young green beans (or haricot verts), broked into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 0.25 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 0.66666666666667 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- pinch of ground red pepper
- 0.5 cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- 0.5 cup feta cheese
- lemon slices
- Place thinly sliced red onion in a large bowl.
- Prepare an ice bath. Bring a small pot of salted water. Cook the green beans for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until bright green. Drain and transfer to the ice bath. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a small pot with salt and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes until easily pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, garlic, oregano, ground red pepper and salt to taste in a small bowl.
- Drain the potatoes, add to bowl with onions, drizzle with 1/4 cup vinaigrette and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the green beans, olives, feta cheese and toss with more dressing as desired. Garnish with lemon slices.