Shrimp Taco Salad
The View From the Great Island
This is the best salad you’ll ever have!
- ½ pound extra large shrimp ( tail on)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 small head red cabbage (cored and finely shredded)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 juice of lime
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- ½ avocado ( sliced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- ½ cup pickled red onions
- 1 bunch small spring onions (sliced)
- ¼ cup finely sliced radishes
- ¼ cup black olives
- ⅓ cup crumbled cojita cheese
- taco seasoning (mix together)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Toss the shrimp with the olive oil and taco seasoning. Heat a pan over medium heat and grill the shrimp just until they are cooked through and curl. Set aside.
- Whisk the mayo with the lime and seasoning and toss with the shredded cabbage. Layer the cabbage in the bottom of your salad bowl.
- Arrange the shrimp, avocado, tortilla strips, onions, spring onions, radishes, olives, and crumbled cheese over the surface. Serve with the extra dressing on the side.