Shrimp Taco Salad
The View From the Great Island
This is the best salad you’ll ever have!
- ½ pound extra large shrimp ( tail on)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 small head red cabbage (cored and finely shredded)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 juice of lime
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- ½ avocado ( sliced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1 cup tortilla strips
- ½ cup pickled red onions
- 1 bunch small spring onions (sliced)
- ¼ cup finely sliced radishes
- ¼ cup black olives
- ⅓ cup crumbled cojita cheese
- taco seasoning (mix together)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Toss the shrimp with the olive oil and taco seasoning. Heat a pan over medium heat and grill the shrimp just until they are cooked through and curl. Set aside.
- Whisk the mayo with the lime and seasoning and toss with the shredded cabbage. Layer the cabbage in the bottom of your salad bowl.
- Arrange the shrimp, avocado, tortilla strips, onions, spring onions, radishes, olives, and crumbled cheese over the surface. Serve with the extra dressing on the side.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island