Spinach Feta Quinoa Cakes with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
From a Chef's Kitchen
Replace some of your meat-centric meals with protein-packed Spinach - Feta Quinoa Cakes with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce.
- quinoa CAKES
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- 0.5 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 0.33333333333333 cup feta cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, 1 red, 1 yellow
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- QUINOA CAKES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and spinach and cook 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add quinoa, lemon zest, feta cheese and salt and black pepper to taste. Stir in eggs.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Form quinoa mixture into 8 even cakes. Place on prepared aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes. Turn and bake 10 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper on a baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until softened and juices are released. Serve with quinoa cakes.