Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
You Totally Got This
Think you don't have time to make cannelloni, think again! This cool hack makes rich and cheesy cannelloni a 30 minute weeknight meal. Yay!
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets, regular or gluten free depending on dietary requirements
- 700 g tomato and basil passata sauce
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 450 g frozen chopped spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbs parsley
- salt and pepper to season
- mixed leaves
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Place the frozen spinach in a microwave proof bowl or jug, cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the ricotta in a large mixing bowl, mince a clove of garlic right into the bowl, and finally chop 2 tbs of parsley and add that to the bowl as well.
- When the spinach has defrosted remove it from the microwave and remove any excess liquid by squeezing it with a paper towel. Add the spinach to the bowl with the ricotta mixture, season with salt and pepper and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Next pour half the sauce over the base of a baking dish, and cut the lasagne sheets in half.
- Lay half a lasagne sheet on a flat surface, spoon 2 tbs of mixture across the middle, and roll up to form a tube. Place the rolled sheet in your baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining filling and sheets, you should end up with 8 tubes.
- Pour over the other half of the sauce and use the back of the spoon to smooth it out making sure the cannelloni tubes are fully covered by sauce. Sprinkle the top of the cannelloni with mozzarella and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the cannelloni warmed through. Serve with mixed leaves.
View the recipe instructions at You Totally Got This