Summer Tomato and Tuna Salad
The View From the Great Island
Summer Tomato and Tuna Salad is in the Mediterranean tradition of healthy seasonal food served up in the simplest way possible.
- 3 full sized heirloom tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 cups assorted heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 5-ounce cans Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil
- handful of fresh basil, both purple and green
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- sherry or balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a platter, and top with the cherry tomatoes.
- Spoon the tuna and some of the olive oil it's packed in over the tomatoes. Scatter the basil across the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and vinegar.
- Enjoy right away.