Chopped Greek Salad
The View From the Great Island
My Chopped Greek Salad is a delicate chopped version of the classic Greek salad that's such a healthy mainstay of the Mediterranean diet.
- 2 cup english seedless cucumber ( finely diced (do not peel))
- 2 cup medium firm tomatoes ( finely diced )
- ½ cup red onion (finely diced)
- ½ cup black olives ( sliced)
- 1 cup diced or crumbled feta cheese (I prefer goat's milk imported feta)
- 1 cup diced artichoke hearts
- sprigs of fresh oregano
- oregano vinaigrette
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the salad ingredients in a salad bowl. I like to reserve the feta cheese until after the salad has been tossed with the dressing, this way it doesn't break up.
- Whisk or blend the dressing ingredients together and taste to adjust any of the flavors. If you like you can add a little white wine vinegar. Pour over the salad and toss gently.
- Serve garnished with fresh oregano.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island