Chopped Greek Salad
The View From the Great Island
My Chopped Greek Salad is a delicate chopped version of the classic Greek salad that's such a healthy mainstay of the Mediterranean diet.
- 0.5 english 'seedless' cucumber, finely diced (do not peel) about 2 cups
- 2 medium firm tomatoes, finely diced, about 2 cups
- 0.25 red onion, finely diced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 small can
- 1 cup diced or crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup diced artichoke hearts
- sprigs of fresh oregano
- oregano vinaigrette
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 heaping Tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the salad ingredients in a salad bowl. I like to reserve the feta cheese until after the salad has been tossed with the dressing, this way it doesn't break up.
- Whisk or blend the dressing ingredients together and taste to adjust any of the flavors. If you like you can add a little white wine vinegar. Pour over the salad and toss gently.
- Serve garnished with fresh oregano.