Instant Pot Korean Beef
Paint The Kitchen Red
Instant Pot Korean Beef makes for a quick dinner that tastes great on a bed of rice, with sauteed vegetables, pickled carrots, Kimchi, and a fried egg on top.Â Â
- 2 tbsp ginger (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tbsp garlic (coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup Fuji apple or Asian pear (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tbsp gochujang (paste)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce (substitute coconut aminos for gluten free)
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 lbs Beef chuck (or stew meat, cut into thin strips, 1-1/2 inches long)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup onion (chopped or thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- baby bok choy (or other vegetable, sauteed with soy sauce and garlic)
- pickled julienned carrots
- bean sprouts
- pickled daikon and carrots (julienned)
- cucumber (thinly sliced)
- korean seaweed
- eggs (sunny side up or soft boiled)
- onions (thinly sliced )
- sesame seeds (toasted)
- In a mini blender or mini food processor, blend the ginger, garlic, apple, gochujang, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and Mirin into a smooth paste. Marinate the beef in the sauce for 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Select 'Saute' and when Instant Pot has heated, add oil to inner pot of Instant Pot.
- Add onions and stir till golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add marinated beef to the onions and stir well.
- Close the Instant Pot and cook in ‘Manual’ or ‘Pressure Cook’ mode for 10 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally (NPR).
- Open the Instant Pot.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water to form a smooth mixture.
- In ‘Saute’ mode, bring the beef and sauce to a boil. *
- Add the cornstarch mixture, and stir constantly, until sauce has thickened.
View the recipe instructions at Paint The Kitchen Red