Lemony Lentil Asparagus and Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese
From a Chef's Kitchen
Lemony Lentil, Asparagus and Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese is light, healthful and will go with just about anything!
- 1 pound thin asparagus, cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 0.5 cup red onion
- 0.5 cup chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 0.33333333333333 cup fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 cup feta cheese
- lemon slices
- Prepare an ice bath.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook 10-15 seconds or until it turns bright green. Remove with a small sieve and transfer to the ice bath.
- Add the lentils to the boiling water and cook 15-20 minutes or until they're tender, being careful not to overcook. Drain and rinse under cold running water (and use the ice water). Drain well. Pat the asparagus dry.
- Combine the lentils, asparagus, tomatoes, red onion and parsley in a bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil and garlic together. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add the feta cheese and toss. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon slices. Serve immediately.