Mediterranean Couscous Salad
The View From the Great Island
Mediterranean Couscous Salad ~ plain old pasta salad mixes it up with a zesty tabbouleh and a glossy pearl couscous. No mayo need apply.
- 1 cup pearl or Israeli couscous
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of lemons
- 0.5 tsp ground sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped baby cucumber
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on their size
- 0.25 red onion
- 0.5 cup parsley
- 0.25 cup fresh mint
- 0.33333333333333 cup feta cheese
- 0.33333333333333 cup roasted pine nuts
- 0.33333333333333 cup kalamata olives
- Cook the couscous according to the package instructions. Usually it simmers, covered, in 1 1/4 cups boiling water for about 8 to 10 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Put the hot couscous in a bowl and add the olive oil, lemon, sea salt and pepper. Give it a toss to combine and set aside.
- Add the vegetables, parsley and mint to the couscous and toss well. Taste for seasoning and refrigerate the salad for at least a couple of hours to chill thoroughly.
- Sprinkle in the feta, and the pine nuts and olives if using, when you are ready to serve.