Micro Caprese Salad
The View From the Great Island
Micro Caprese Salad ~ I planted a cute little individual caprese salad right inside a hollowed out tomato.. for a special occasion, or a healthy lunch!
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 1 package mini Pearl sized Bocconcini balls of fresh mozzarella
- 1 package micro basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- good aged balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Using a sharp serrated paring knife, slice off just the tops of each tomato. Hollow out the inner flesh, being careful not to cut through the skin. Take your time with this step.
- Fill each tomato with a mixture of mozzarella and basil.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked black pepper, and serve right away. Let everyone drizzle on oil and /or balsamic vinegar at the table.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island