Muffin Pan Stratas with Basil and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
From a Chef's Kitchen
Enjoy the taste of summer for breakfast or brunch with these Muffin Pan Stratas with Basil and Sun-Dried Tomatoes!
- cooking spray
- 5 cups cubed Italian or French bread (packed)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese, Mozzarella or Fontina
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 6 eggs
- 1¼ cups whole milk or half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-muffin muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cubed bread, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, cheese and salt and black pepper in a large bowl and toss to evenly distribute ingredients. Press even amounts of the mixture into each muffin cup.
- Whisk together eggs and milk or half-and-half. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Carefully pour into each muffin cup over the bread mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed, golden and set. Loosen stratas from sides of pan with a thin knife and serve immediately.