Salmon Cobb Salad
The View From the Great Island
- 4 handfuls of chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 handful endive (chopped)
- 2 handful watercress (trimmed)
- ½ lb cooked salmon, broken into large flakes
- 6 -8 slices crisp bacon, crumbled or broken
- 4 boiled eggs, sliced in half
- a few 1/8 inch thin slices of red onion
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- about 8-10 cherry tomatoes, or strawberry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- vinaigrette (feel free to double the recipe for extra dressing)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Make sure your greens are rinsed and dried. Add them to a large wide salad bowl.
- Add the salmon to the center of the bowl. Surround it with the crumbled bacon, eggs, sliced onions (separate the rings as you add them) cheese, tomatoes, and avocado.
- To make the dressing shake the ingredients together in a mason jar until they combine into a creamy emulsion. Taste and adjust in any way you like.
- Dress the salad at the table, tossing it optional. I like to leave it as is, and let people serve themselves.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island