Tuscan Cherry Tomato and White Bean Salad
From a Chef's Kitchen
Tuscan Cherry Tomato and White Bean Salad is a beautiful summer salad that's perfect alone or on the side with almost any grilled protein!
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 0.5 teaspoon sugar
- 0.25 teaspoon salt plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 0.25 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (15-ounce) cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 large sprig fresh basil, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 0.5 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Combine tomatoes, sugar and salt in a bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Carefully remove the tomatoes with a slotted spoon into a different bowl, leaving as much liquid behind as possible. Strain the liquid to remove the seeds then transfer to a third small bowl.
- Add the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the beans to the tomatoes, toss with dressing, add basil and Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.