Whipped Basil Ricotta with Crisp Spring Veggies
The View From the Great Island
Whipped Basil Ricotta with Spring Crudité ~ this healthy raw vegetable appetizer with a fluffy herb ricotta dip is a perfect way to welcome the new season.
- whipped basil ricotta
- 4 ounces fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher or sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper (optional)
- 8 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- baby carrots
- small cucumber sticks
- golden beets, peeled and sliced very thin
- jicama, peeled and cut in matchsticks
- small green onions
- red pepper strips
- purple cauliflower florets
- French green beans
- cherry tomatoes
- yellow bell pepper strips
- watermelon radish, sliced very thin
- Rinse and remove the thick stems from the basil, smaller stems are fine. Load it into a food processor. Add the garlic, pine nuts, and the juice of 1/2 the lemon. Process, scraping down the sides, until the basil is well broken down and becomes a rough paste.
- Add the olive oil and process further until the sauce is smooth. Scrape down the sides of the machine to get everything incorporated. Taste the pesto to adjust the lemon and add salt to taste. I added the juice from the other half of the lemon.
- Add the ricotta to the bowl of the food processor and process until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Taste one last time to adjust the salt, and then chill until needed. Add fresh cracked black pepper if you like.
- Serve the basil ricotta in the center of a plate of fresh vegetable crudité.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island