Mediterranean Bean Salad
The View From the Great Island
Mediterranean Bean Salad is the perfect picnic and barbecue side ~ make up a big batch to keep in the fridge for quick and healthy lunches, too!
- 1 ounce cannellini beans (drained and well rinsed)
- 1 ounce garbanzo beans (chickpeas) (drained and well rinsed )
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- 2 small Persian cucumbers (halved lengthwise and thinly sliced, do not peel)
- ¼ red onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup peppadew peppers (rough chopped)
- ½ cup black olives (halved)
- ½ cup pimento stuffed green olives (halved)
- 1 cup assorted colorful bell peppers (diced)
- ½ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- ½ cup marinated artichokes (chopped)
- 10 large basil leaves (shredded)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar, or more to taste
- 1 tsp dried italian herbs (I used thyme, oregano, and rosemary )
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and taste to adjust any of them. Add more vinegar if you want a tangier flavor. Set aside.
- Put the beans in a large salad bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss with a generous amount of the dressing.
- The salad will keep, well covered, for several days in the refrigerator.