Mediterranean Bean Salad
The View From the Great Island
Mediterranean Bean Salad is the perfect picnic and barbecue side ~ make up a big batch to keep in the fridge for quick and healthy lunches, too!
- 1 ounce cannellini beans
- 1 ounce garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- 2 small Persian cucumbers
- 0.25 red onion
- 0.5 cup peppadew peppers
- 0.5 cup black olives
- 0.5 cup pimento stuffed green olives
- 1 cup assorted colorful bell peppers
- 0.5 cup feta cheese
- 0.5 cup marinated artichokes
- 10 large basil leaves
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar, or more to taste
- 1 tsp dried italian herbs
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and taste to adjust any of them. Add more vinegar if you want a tangier flavor. Set aside.
- Put the beans in a large salad bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss with a generous amount of the dressing.
- The salad will keep, well covered, for several days in the refrigerator.