20 Minute No Sugar Pink Applesauce
The View From the Great Island
This easy 20-Minute Pink Applesauce recipe makes the perfect side dish for any meal, it's healthy, beautiful, and so delicious!
makes about 3 cups
- about 3 pounds red apples (more or less)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves (optional)
- Wash the apples well. Do Not Peel! Chop them into 1 inch pieces, discarding the core.
- Put the apples, cider, cinnamon and cloves into a heavy soup pot. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring often, until the apples are soft.
- Remove the spices, and then puree the apples in a food processor. I did this in batches so as not to overload the processor. You can puree the apples to a super smooth consistency, or keep some texture. I chose to retain a little bit of texture in mine.
- Refrigerate the sauce until needed. It will keep for a week in the refrigerator.