All Natural DIY Pineapple Cough Syrup
The View From the Great Island
At the first sign of a cough or sniffle, skip the trip to the corner drugstore try this All Natural DIY Pineapple Cough Syrup ~ it really works!
- 2 thick slices of fresh pineapple, peel removed, but core intact
- 1 tbsp honey
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- a thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced or rough chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- Give the pineapple a rough chop, including the core, which is not only edible but particularly healthy.
- Blend everything up in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Use as is, or push the mixture through a mesh strainer to get a smoother syrup.
- Keep in the refrigerator and take as needed.