The View From the Great Island
Andalusian Gazpacho ~ this chilled Spanish soup is the perfect meal if you're in stuck the grip of a heatwave ~ it's easy to make and so delicious!
- 4-5 ripe red tomatoes
- 0.5 red bell pepper, seeded and rough chopped
- 0.5 green bell pepper, seeded and rough chopped
- 0.5 cucumber, peeled and rough chopped
- 0.5 red onion, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- a handful of fresh basil
- a handful of fresh mint
- 0.33333333333333 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 to 4 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- juice of lemon
- fresh pepper
- Mix the tomatoes, peppers, onion and cucumber together and then blend them in a blender or food processor in batches. I do it in 3 batches and vary the degree of blending with each batch so that my soup will have some texture but a smooth base.
- Put the processed veggies back in the large bowl. Now it's time to season your soup. The amounts above are approximate: taste as you go and use what you like.
- Stir to blend, then cover with plastic wrap and put your soup in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.