Apple Pie Smoothie
My favourite recipe of an apple pie smoothie. It's simple to make and the best part is - it tastes just like a good ol'apple pie, just served in a glass.
- 4 medium sized apples
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ground cinnamon
- 0.25 cup low-fat yogurt
- 0.25 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp cardamom
- 0.25 tsp ground cloves
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- Cut and core the apples.
- Put the apple chunks on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the apples with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (or 400°F) and roast the apples for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool down for about 20 minutes and use for the best apple pie smoothie ever.
- Pour the almond milk and the apple juice into the blender jar.
- Add the apples and the spices.
- Process until completely smooth. If the texture is too thick, add more almond milk or some water.
- Consume immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.