The View From the Great Island
Apricot Gazpacho ~ this uber refreshing summer starter is rooted in Spanish tradition. It's a healthy, low calorie, gluten free, paleo, and delicious!
- 8 black velvet apricots, peeled, pitted, and crushed (to make about 1 1/2 cups puree)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar (more to taste)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- minced red onion
- baby basil, cilantro, or mint leaves
- freshly crushed black pepper
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- ice cubes
- Pulse the crushed apricots in a food processor a few times to create a rough puree. Don't puree completely, a little bit of texture is fine.
- Add the oil, vinegar, lime juice, and a pinch of salt to the puree. Taste to adjust any of the seasonings, Chill for at least an hour or 2 before serving.
- Serve in small bowls garnished with minced red onion, basil, cilantro, or mint leaves, fresh pepper, drizzle of oil, and an ice cube, if desired.