Asparagus Roasted with Blood Oranges
The View From the Great Island
Asparagus roasted with blood oranges is a side dish that's as easy and healthy and it is gorgeous. I love the pretty combination of the fresh green with the blood oranges in this easy asparagus recipe, but you could use grapefruit, regular oranges, or lemons too.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 blood orange
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- Set oven to 425F
- Trim the ends off the asparagus.
- Thinly slice the orange. Arrange t the slices on a baking sheet.
- Lay the asparagus over the oranges and then drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter some fresh rosemary over the asparagus.
- Roast until the asparagus is tender, about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the girth of your asparagus. If you are brave, you can do this whole thing under the broiler, but you need to watch it like a hawk. I like the slight charring that the broiler gives to the asparagus and oranges.
- Replace any charred rosemary sprigs with fresh ones before serving.