Asparagus Salad with Mimosa Vinaigrette
The View From the Great Island
Asparagus Salad with Mimosa Vinaigrette, this healthy salad is simple enough for every day but elegant enough for entertaining, or a romantic date night in.
- 4 large leaves of butter lettuce
- about 10 stalks of asparagus
- 4 radishes
- 1 shallot
- shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, about 1/3 cup
- fresh thyme leaves
- fresh cracked black pepper
- mimosa vinaigrette
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 4 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Wash and trim the ends off the asparagus. Bring a 1/2 inch of water to a boil in a skillet, and drop the asparagus in. Let cook for 1 minute then remove and rinse in cold water to stop cooking. Set on a clean dish towel to dry.
- Slice the radishes into paper thin slices, a mandoline slicer works well for this. Peel and slice the shallot the same way. Separate the shallot slices into rings.
- Arrange 2 lettuce leaves in each of 2 shallow bowls, or salad plates. Add the asparagus, and then the radish and shallots. Top with shaved cheese and thyme leaves.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and be sure to give it a taste to adjust any of the ingredients to your liking..
- Drizzle a little dressing on each salad just before serving, and add fresh cracked black pepper to taste.