Basil Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes
The View From the Great Island
Basil Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes is a celebration of mid-summer, when the basil is booming and heirloom tomatoes are in their glory days.
- 4 handfuls of fresh picked basil leaves
- an equal amount of chopped heirloom tomatoes
- thin rounds of red onion to taste
- 0.25 cup toasted pine nuts
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- a drizzle of your best olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Choose a wide shallow salad bowl and add the fresh basil leaves. Top with the tomatoes, red onion, and pine nuts.
- Grind a generous amount of fresh pepper over everything, add a dash of salt, and then drizzle with the oil and vinegar just before serving.