Blueberry Broccoli Pasta Salad
The View From the Great Island
Blueberry Broccoli Pasta Salad with Lemon Buttermilk Dressing ~ spring forward with this colorful and healthy pasta salad made with gluten free pasta!
- 8 ounces (227g) Chickapea Spiral Pasta
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 0.5 cup blueberries
- 0.5 cup diced apples (50 grams) tossed with lemon juice to prevent browning
- 0.33333333333333 cup golden raisins
- 0.33333333333333 cup dried cranberries
- 0.25 cup diced red onion
- 0.25 cup sunflower seeds
- 0.25 cup sliced almonds
- 0.5 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse the pasta in cold water to stop the cooking. Put in a bowl and drizzle with some of the dressing, toss gently.
- Put the broccoli in a microwave safe bowl with a tablespoon of water and microwave for 90 seconds. Drain.
- You can assemble the salad in two ways ~ You can arrange the ingredients on top of the pasta, and then dress and toss at the table, or you can mix everything together, it's your call.
- Add just enough dressing to moisten the salad without drowning it, you can always add more later.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.