Brown Sugar and Almond Peach Crumble
The View From the Great Island
Brown Sugar and Almond Peach Crumble ~ this quintessential summer dessert is a must during peach season ~ make it gluten free, or not!
- about 4 or 5 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- crumble topping
- 1 cup of flour
- 5 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 0.5 cup sliced almonds
- a pinch of salt
- a dash of cinnamon
- a dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons of softened butter
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Toss the fruit with the flour, sugar, and extract, you can do this right in the pan to save a dish. Mix it all up with your hands.
- Mix the crumble ingredients with your clean hands until the mixture is a crumbly dough.
- Crumble the dough over the top of the peaches, and bake for about 40 minutes until browned and bubbly.