Cappuccino Melting Moments
The View From the Great Island
Cappuccino Melting Moments are perfect little bite sized shortbread cookies that literally melt in your mouth ~ they're the perfect after dinner cookie!
makes 40 bite sized cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter,
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1 cup flour
- 0.33333333333333 cup confectioner's sugar
- 0.75 cup cornstarch
- 2.75 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- milk or cream for thinning
- cinnamon for dusting
- Set oven to 350F
- Cream the butter and the espresso powder. Let the butter sit for 15 minutes to allow the espresso granules to dissolve a bit in the moisture of the butter. Beat again briefly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until the dough forms. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until firm. You can leave it overnight and bake the next day if you want to.
- Scoop with a 1 inch scoop, or drop small mounds onto a parchment lined baking sheet. You want the cookies to be bite sized. Be sure your baking sheets are cool and not hot from the oven when you set out the dough.
- Bake for about 11-12 minutes until just lightly browned. Don't over bake.
- Let the cookies sit on the pan for a couple of minutes, then finish cooling them on a rack. They are delicate, so take care when removing them from the pan.
- To make the frosting, mix everything together into a spreadable frosting, adding just enough milk or cream for the right consistency.
- Frost the cooled cookies and dust with cinnamon.