Cauliflower Red Lentil and Potato Curry
From a Chef's Kitchen
Celebrate the lentil with Cauliflower Red Lentil and Potato Curry!
- 4 tablespoons olive or canola
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small red, green or yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder, such as Penzeys
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can (15-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils, picked over
- 1 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 0.25 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss cauliflower with 2 tablespoons oil. Spread out on a baking sheet and roast until just tender, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large, shallow pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and pepper, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes. Add curry powder, ginger, garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, vegetable broth, red lentils and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover slightly and simmer 15-20 minutes or until lentils and potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cauliflower and heat through. Add the cilantro and season to taste with salt and black pepper.