Chicken Curry in a Hurry
You Totally Got This
This 20 minute healthy chicken curry recipe will blow your mind! It is seriously delicious and good for you. Want curry in a hurry? Get the easy recipe here
- 200g g of supermarket BBQ chicken
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3cm piece fresh ginger
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 0.25 tsp chilli powder
- 400g g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 0.5 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbs natural yoghurt or coconut cream for dairy free
- 1 pack of microwave quick cook basmati rice
- handful coriander leaves to garnish
- 2 pappadums
- Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a large frying pan on medium to high heat. Meanwhile, slice the onion.
- Add the onion and cook until it is soft (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally. While the onion is cooking shred the chicken, chop the zucchini and get the other ingredients ready to go into the pan.
- Mince the garlic and ginger directly into the frying pan, then add the garam masala, turmeric, and chilli powder and stir until fragrant. Next pour the tinned tomatoes into the pan, then add the chicken, zucchini, spinach, and frozen peas, and stir. Reduce heat to medium and cook covered for 5-6 minutes (until the zucchini is just soft), stirring occasionally so everything cooks through evenly.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in the microwave according to packet directions. If using, cook 2 pappadums in the microwave.
- Take the frying pan off the heat and stir through the yoghurt or coconut cream. Divide the rice and chicken curry between two bowls, and garnish with fresh coriander